Top-Of-The-line Farrowing Barn Flooring For Your Operation
Your swine operation requires focus on the health and cleanliness of your animals – the right farrowing barn flooring system can enhance that tremendously and provide long-term positive benefit toward your ROI. ADA Enterprises engineers and manufactures what we believe to be the finest solution for farrowing floors on the market today.
Our value proposition includes decades in it’s timeline, and your animals stay healthier and have a reduced injury rate. But promises aren’t worth anything without proof. We want to walk you through the characteristics, the track record and the benefits of our modular, yet custom built flooring solution for your pig operation so you can see if ADA offers a product that can enhance your overall profit and ease of ownership.
We also want to share what our customers say about the long-term value of ADA Enterprises flooring solutions. Because when you hear it from those owner operators who do what you do, you can really get a sense why we have such loyal customers. If you’re looking to optimize your operation to increase per head profit, or building out a new farrowing barn, this article can help you understand why we are considered a market leader in the space.
Testimonials can tell an important part of the story
If you look at the following testimonial, you can see the day to day benefits as well as the long-term return on investment of ADA Enterprise’s product mix.
But one testimonial doesn’t tell the whole story. Take a look at what several of our customers have to say. Note the repeated points talking about the construction and durability. The highlights about animal foot health and the ease of maintenance, along with the strength of the product. These testimonials are realistic proof that our flooring products can have a dramatic impact both in the short term and over the life of the product, which, when compared to most market alternatives, is significantly longer.
The benefits of ADA Enterprises DuraTrac Farrowing flooring
The benefits are straightforward and actionable on day one. In fact, before you even build, you can take advantage of certain aspects of the design and engineering of the ADA Enterprises products. Every single installation is a custom installation, but it doesn’t feel like it, because we build to suit, around a core concept of modularity. That modularity allows for quicker manufacturing timelines, quicker installs, and in the very rare case that you need to replace a section, the ability to get back to work quickly. But we pride ourselves on our build quality and miniscule failure rate.
Among the above initial benefits in a pre-production situation, are the following benefits that begin as soon as animals start moving across our plastisol coated steel flooring:
- Steel is the strongest structure material on the market – ours is coated in polyvinyl which seals it completely and makes rust a problem of the past
- All flooring options are custom built to your specific needs, and can be fit into our modular system which allows a simple installation and time savings over the life of the product – which because it is made from premium materials is a very long life
- Two types of products (Dura Trac Original and Dura Trac Clearspan options) give you immediate availability to a system that can work for you, regardless of existing architecture
- Temperature and moisture regulation is inherent in the product – where ambient temperatures are maintained thanks to the Plastisol coating which insulates against temperature extremes and the inherent drainage and evacuation capabilities combat urine and fecal matter, helping to minimize sickness and infection
- The expanded metal surface allows even the smallest hooves to move safely across the platforms, so injury risk is mitigated, generally. The holes still prevent cleaning issues and make maintenance a breeze
- Cleaning is standardized, and any normal industry cleaning agent is acceptable for use on the flooring, including pressure washing (hot and cold), bleach based cleaners and other mainstream chemicals generally accepted for use in the swine operation
- Our flooring can accommodate different penning styles
- The creep floors are appropriate for piglets and the design of the flooring system minimizes difficulty when you have dozens of inexperienced animals looking for food. There are optional add-ons (like legs made with plastisol coated steel, to elevate the system above the alleyways) which are designed to improve the throughput or make your life easier by meeting your needs with different day-to-day implementations that may change frequently
- Additional system architecture can be modularly added on, to improve other conditional situations, like adding hot water heating plates, or heating pads. We even offer solid plastisol coated steel plates that can help insulate against drafts when you may need to use heat lamps in harsher winter conditions
- The Clearspan creep side can be fastened to concrete if needed to take advantage of existing building architecture and improve installation considerations
There are two basic systems we build upon with our flooring – Self supporting Dura Trac Clearspan and Dura Trac Original. Read below to see core differences.
Dura Trac Clearspan Self-Supporting flooring for farrowing barns
A completely standalone and self supporting system that has structural benefits and allows easy implementation of new configurations, or customized sections. The Dura Trac Clearspan option sets the standard for new construction farrowing barns and allows you to build upon a system engineered and built to last decades, not years. It is modular, fully-custom and is a complete system that is self supporting.
Original Dura Trac Farrowing Flooring
Original Dura Trac is a flooring system meant to integrate with your existing architecture and can be retrofitted to your current farrowing barn. They are modular, custom, and offer the same durability, but they are not self supporting – they will utilize your current supports.
Generally, our farrowing floors can accommodate the weight of the sow and her litter. Of course we do our best to over-engineer our products, and breakage and failure rates are very minimal – but this weight threshold is a good point of reference for use in most swine operations.
Options for this flooring system
- Modular Sow Sections with flooring segments that can be easily manipulated to ensure safety and proper fit for the different sized animals you have in your operation
- Bolt on legs
- Solid feed saver insert sections to minimize wasted food
- Traction bars assist traction for the sows
- Concrete mounting capabilities (with plastisol coated steel tabs)
- Pad positioners for using heat plates with the creep side
- Cast iron centers which can can aide traction and provide benefits from a temperature regulation (cooling) perspective for Sows
- Separation pens that drop into place easily to transition feeding piglets so all animals are properly fed
Where does ADA Enterprises’ flooring fit?
Everywhere. Because every flooring system is built custom. And when you combine the ability to build in just about any space, existing, or being built to suit, with the variety of animal types and sizes, the flooring works for an incredible breadth of use cases.
Our team of experienced representatives have seen thousands of installs, and know exactly what to look for when making retrofits to existing barns, or how to navigate pre-construction concerns in a new build. The system is a proven farrowing floor option and we invite you to reach out to our team whether you are upgrading to our products, or building for the first time in a new operation.
Our quote process is painless and quick, and you’ll be given the right amount of insight to determine if ADA’s products make sense for your swine program.